Website Terms and Conditions
This website (https://www.pipcall.com) is operated by Assuract Limited (“Assuract”), a provider of telecommunications services and solutions. References in these Website Terms and Conditions (“terms”) to “we”, “our” or “us” are references to Assuract Limited. We refer in these terms to “you” or “your”, which means a user or viewer of our website.
These terms set out the rules for using our website. When we talk about “using our website”, we mean:
- browsing and accessing our website and its content [(including any news and media)]; and
- using the features on our website that allow you to:
- enquire about any free trial we may offer;
- sign up to a free trial; and/or
- sign up to our mailing list,
these features are referred to collectively in these terms as the “Services” we provide via our website.
Reference to “use our website” means the same as “using our website”.
Please read these terms carefully before you start using our website. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms, so that you can look at them later. By using our website, you agree and acknowledge that you will abide by these rules and comply with these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you must stop using our website.
What is in these terms?
Please use the links below to find out more about these terms:
- Who are we and how can you contact us?
- What other terms may apply to you by using our website?
- Can we make changes to these terms and our website?
- Can we temporarily or permanently take down our website?
- Who can use our website?
- What can you do with the content on our website?
- Can you rely on the works and any content on third party websites?
- Are you allowed to link to our website?
- What’s our liability to you and your liability to us?
- What should you know about viruses and any misuse of our website?
- What laws apply to your use of our website?
Who is Assuract Limited and how can you contact us?
We are a private limited company registered in England under company number 04994562, and our registered office is at Lower Third Floor Evelyn Suite, Quantum House, 22-24 Red Lion Court, London, United Kingdom, EC4A 3EB. You can write to us at the registered office address above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What other terms may apply to you by using our website?
These terms do not apply to the provision of the Services if you procure such Services from us. The Services are subject to other terms and conditions made available to you at the time. For example, you will be required to enter into an additional agreement with us if you sign up to the one-month free trial or decide to purchase our services.
Can we make changes to these terms and our website?
We may change these terms from time to time, so we encourage you to check these terms each time you are using our website to check that you understand the terms and still agree to them. We may also change or update our website from time to time, which may include any of our website content or information, or updating or changing information about the events listed on our website.
We might make changes to these terms, or changes or updates to our website, to take into account any changes in our company’s or our users’ needs. If we make any major changes, we aim to tell you about these changes by updating these terms.
These terms were first published on our website on 8 November 2018.
Can we temporarily or permanently take down our website?
We make our website available free of charge and cannot guarantee that our website will always available or be uninterrupted.
We may temporarily or permanently take down our website, or restrict the availability of any part of, or the whole of, our website, and we may do this because it is in our company’s interests, or because it would be in the interests of our users. We will try to give you reasonable notice before we temporarily or permanently take down our website or restrict its availability.
It is your responsibility to make sure you have an internet connection if you want to use our website. If you allow any other person to use our website, including but not limited to, from your equipment or from your account, you are responsible for making sure that they have read these terms carefully, including our policies above, and agree to these terms and our policies.
Who can use our website?
Our website is for people living in the United Kingdom (“UK”) and we do not represent that our website, its content or the Services are appropriate for use by anyone living outside the UK.
What can you do with the content of our website?
We own, or are the licensee of, all intellectual property rights in our website, and any content on our website (including third party content on our website), which together we call “the works”. The works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights in the works are reserved. When we talk about “intellectual property rights”, we mean all copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, logos, designs and other intellectual property rights in the works, as well as text, images, graphics, designs, layouts, appearances, logos, audio, video and other material appearing on our website.
You are not allowed to copy, reproduce, modify, print and download copies of the works for your own personal or business use. You must not use the works for commercial purposes unless you obtain a licence to do so in writing from us or our licensors.
If you breach any of these terms, you must stop using our website and the works immediately, and you must, at our option, either return or destroy any and all copies of the works that you have, or have had, in your possession (including any modified versions of the works that you have created in breach of these terms).
Are you allowed to link to our website?
You may link to our website, but you must do so in a way that is fair and legal, does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
Unless you have our permission to do so, your link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement from or with us.
We reserve the right to withdraw your rights to link to our website at any time.
You must not frame or include our website on any other website.
What’s our liability to you and your liability to us?
When we will be liable to you:
We will be liable to you for any loss causing death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or caused by our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability that we cannot exclude or limit by law.
When we will be liable to you, but our liability to you is limited:
We will also be liable to you if our website damages a device belonging to you and it is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill. In these circumstances, our liability to you will be limited to either repairing the damage or paying you compensation.
When we will not be liable to you:
We are not responsible for the actions or failed actions of any third party and our liability to you is limited to our actions or failed actions.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage that was not foreseeable to you and us during your use of our website and that does not flow directly and naturally from our breach. In addition, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage arising from, or in connection with:
- your reliance on any of the information on our website;
- any provision of the Services under these terms and such liability shall be set out in the agreement we have with you that governs the provision of such Services to you; and
- any virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or any other material from your use of our website (including your use of the information on our website), or any of the websites that link to or from our website, except when this loss or damage is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill.
In addition, while using our website for commercial purposes, we will not be liable under any circumstances for any: loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; or loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation.
It is your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our website meet your specific requirements.
When you may be liable to us:
We reserve the right to take any action as we believe is necessary enforce any legal rights against you arising out of, or in connection with, any unauthorised use of our website and/or any breach of these terms. Such acts by you may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
What should you know about viruses and any misuse of our website?
We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your computer equipment and computer programs so that you can use our website safely and free from bugs or viruses. We strongly recommend that you use your own protection software.
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic or time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, malware or ransomware, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
If you carry out any of the acts listed in the paragraph above, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and in such event we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
What laws apply to your use of our website?
The laws of England apply to and govern these terms (including the formation of these terms). You and we agree that the courts of England will deal exclusively with any dispute arising out of, or in connection with, these terms.
Beta Tester Terms and Conditions
Thank you for your interest in being a Beta tester for PiPcall
As with any Beta test program, you will be asked to agree to several conditions before you begin testing. Don’t worry, we’re not asking for much and you can terminate the trial at point so no risk! Here’s a summary of the main terms you’ll be agreeing to:
- You acknowledge that you are participating in a Beta program and the info you learn, as a tester, is confidential and cannot be shared.
- You confirm that information you provided in Beta qualification survey is accurate.
- You confirm that are not a member of the press, nor an employee or representative of any competitor.
- You agree not to disclose your role or work as a Beta tester to any member of the press, any public news group, or any third party.
- You agree to reasonably respond in a timely manner to PIPs requests for feedback.
- You license PIP/Assuract ltd to freely use the feedback and suggestions you provide.
- You acknowledge that the trial features and functionality may vary throughout the trial period and subject to change
IF YOU AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS, PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS BETA TESTER AND CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) GOVERNING THE USE OF THE PIP Application (“PIP”) SUPPLIED TO YOU BY Assuract ltd. (“ASSURACT LTD”)
BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND SELECTING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON AS IT APPEARS ON THE BETA RECRUITMENT SURVEY, YOU ARE (1) REPRESENTING THAT YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18, (2) REPRESENTING THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AND AUTHORITY TO LEGALLY BIND YOURSELF TO THESE TERMS, AND (3) CONSENTING TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS WILL CREATE A BINDING AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS OR CANNOT MAKE SUCH REPRESENTATIONS SELECT THE “I DO NOT AGREE” BUTTON AS IT APPEARS IN THE ASSURACT LTD APP OR IN THE BETA RECRUITMENT SURVEY, AND DO NOT USE THE PRODUCTS OR MATERIALS.
- These app terms and conditions (“Terms”) set out how Assuract Limited (company registration number 04994562 and having its registered office at Lower Third Floor Evelyn Suite, Quantum House, 22-24 Red Lion Court, London, United Kingdom, EC4A 3EB) (“we”, “us” or “our”) will provide the Services to you (“you” or “your”) through the App. These Terms apply to the exclusion of any other terms that you may seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, customer, practice or course of dealing.
A. Assuract ltd is developing a mobile telecoms application (referred to herein as the “PIP” or “PiPcall”). As a beta tester you will receive from Assuract ltd: Access to download the PIP Application, a dedicated business phone number and inclusive call to UK mobile and standard call rate landlines. Calls are subject to a fair use policy as defined. Calls to all other numbers and destinations will be barred for the period of the beta test. The duration of the Beta test is 90 days, Assuract ltd reserves the right to shorten or lengthen the beta period without notice.
B. The Beta Product is currently still in development and in experimental form. You have agreed to test and evaluate the Beta Product accordance with the terms of this Agreement in order to assist Assuract ltd in the completion of the Beta Product.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants set forth herein, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- Confidentiality. You agree to keep confidential and not disclose or discuss to any third party: a) The Beta Product, b) PIP Materials, c) PIP development or marketing plans that you learn about as part of your participation as tester, d) your participation in the Beta program, and e) verbal or written communications from PIP employees, agents, contractors or other representatives regarding PIP Materials and the Beta Product. The confidentiality requirements continue until all of the above become publicly known.
- No Conflicting Loyalty. You represent that neither you nor any household member is: a) a member of the press or any public newsgroup, or b) an employee or representative of any competitor of Assuract ltd. You represent that the information provided in your Assuract ltd Beta recruitment survey is accurate.
- Feedback. You will provide prompt feedback to Assuract ltd regarding the operation or use of PIP Materials when it is requested. This may include filing online reports, participating in telephone interviews, maintaining a record of problems or errors, providing suggestions and ideas, and responding to written surveys or email homework that may be provided by Assuract ltd. You acknowledge and agree that Assuract ltd may use, disclose, reproduce, license, distribute and otherwise commercialise such feedback. You hereby grant to Assuract ltd all required licenses in your feedback and the associated intellectual property rights to allow Assuract ltd to carry out these rights.
- Grant of License to Test. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Assuract ltd hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use the Beta Product on your mobile device. Your license will be valid only during the time that you are an active participant in any Assuract ltd Beta Program solely for the purposes of testing and evaluating the Beta Product to assist Assuract ltd in the completion of its development. You agree not to reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile any prototypes, software or other tangible objects which are provided to you hereunder.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You acknowledge and agree that: (a) the Beta Product is not complete in development and has not been commercially released for sale by Assuract ltd; (b) the Beta Product may not be fully functional, and it is expected that it will contain errors, design flaws or other problems; (c) the Beta Product may not be reliable during the time you are participating as a tester in the Assuract ltd Beta Program; (f) Assuract ltd is under no obligation to release a commercial version of the Beta Product; (g) you have received the necessary consents and approvals from the owner(s) of any device where the products will be used/tested in the manner requested by Assuract ltd; and (h) Assuract ltd has the right to unilaterally abandon development of the Beta Product at any time and without any obligation or liability to you or any third party. You further acknowledge that you have paid no consideration to Assuract ltd for the Beta Product hereunder, and that THE BETA PRODUCT IS BEING SUPPLIED TO YOU “AS IS”. Assuract ltd MAKES NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE BETA PRODUCT, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that Assuract ltd and/or its suppliers own all right, title and interest in and to the Beta Product and in any and all intellectual property rights therein, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, patents, patent applications, trade secrets, trademarks and other intangible rights therein. You agree not to use Assuracts trademarks or other business names for any purpose. You will not earn or acquire any rights or licenses under any copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks or other intellectual property rights on account of this Agreement or your performance under this Agreement. You agree to promptly disclose and hereby assign to Assuract any suggestions for change and/or improvement to the Beta Product and any related rights thereto and to assist Assuract, as reasonably requested by Assuract and at Assuracts’ expense, in obtaining intellectual property protection relating to such suggestions as Assuract may reasonably direct.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL Assuract BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM INSTALLATION OR USE OF THE BETA PRODUCT, WHETHER RESULTING FROM A TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY OR OTHER FORM OF ACTION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OF ANY KIND ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS MATERIAL TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- Privacy. For purposes of this Beta test program, you agree to allow Assuract, its employees or agents to contact you using the personal contact information you have provided, such as your name, email, address, and telephone number. Assuract ltd may store or share this personal contact information with Assuract ltd employees, agents or authorised contractors in order to communicate with you.
- Termination. This Agreement will automatically expire at the end of your participation as an Assuract ltd Beta Program tester unless terminated sooner in accordance with this Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement before the end of your participation in the Assuract ltd Beta Program for any reason or no reason upon written notice to the other party. This Agreement will automatically terminate upon any breach by you of any of your obligations hereunder including breach of confidentiality obligations. Your breach of any of your obligations under the Agreement may result in your immediate removal from the Assuract ltd Beta program(s). Upon request from Assuract ltd, you will deliver to Assuract ltd, or otherwise make available for pick-up by Assuract ltd at your premises, the Beta Product and Assuract ltd Materials and any other tangible Assuract ltd property.
Call Plans – Terms and Conditions
*Subject to fair use policy. ^Selected destinations. PAYG out of international bundle calls is 8p per minute. 50% promotional discount available for new customers only and is applied only to “annual subscription” and “pay monthly” for the initial 12 months period from service commencement. Discount is only applicable against subscription costs and not “international caller add-on” or “out of bundle calls”.
“I hereby confirm on behalf of you (the “Applicant”) to Assuract ltd (trading as PiPcall) , I am duly authorised so to do, that:
- the number requested for use as a presentation number (“PN”) is either allocated to the Applicant and the Applicant does not require the permission of anyone else in relation to that number or the requested PN is not allocated to the Applicant but consent from the allocated owner for its use as a PN has been obtained and has not been withdrawn;
- the requested PN is in use;
- the Applicant shall immediately inform Assuract ltd if any of the information in this statement ceases to be correct;
- Assuract may suspend and/or withdraw use of its Presentation CLI Service if it is subsequently found that the information in this statement was, or has become, inaccurate or if the PN is being misused in any way;
- the Applicant understands that the PN must not be a number that connects to a revenue sharing number that generates excessive or unexpected call charges in which case the telecommunications service provider may suspend and/or withdraw use of the Presentation CLI Service;
- The Applicant acknowledges that Assuract may withdraw the service without penalty in the event that a) having made the appropriate configuration change the Applicant fails to make at least one test call within twenty (20) working days and/or b) the Applicant reverses the configuration change.
The Applicant hereby indemnifies Assuract ltd against any claims by any third party relating to use of the PNs.
The Applicant hereby acknowledges that Assuract ltd may withdraw this facility at any time for regulatory or legal reasons or if it suspects its misuse or if its use is challenged by any third party.