This guide covers everything from using mobile apps to run various areas of your business, to mobile-first phone systems and the difference between internet and mobile calling. Plus, it'll introduce you to PiPcall Mobile+, a mobile communication solution, that is built for workforces on the go.
How to run your business using business mobile apps?
With advancements in technology and the widespread availability of feature-rich mobile apps, many aspects of business operations can now be managed exclusively using mobile devices. Here are some areas of a business that can be run effectively using mobile apps:
- Project management: Mobile apps like Trello, Asana, and Basecamp help teams track tasks, deadlines, and progress on projects, allowing managers and team members to stay organized and up-to-date even on the go.
- Customer relationship management (CRM): Mobile CRM apps like Salesforce, HubSpot, and Zoho CRM allow sales and customer service teams to manage leads, track interactions, and maintain relationships with clients from their mobile devices.
- Accounting and finance: Apps like QuickBooks, Xero, and Expensify let businesses manage invoicing, payroll, expenses, and financial reporting, ensuring smooth financial operations from a mobile device.
- Social media management: Mobile apps like Hootsuite, Buffer, and Sprout Social enable businesses to manage their social media presence, schedule posts, and monitor engagement on the go.
- Inventory management: Mobile apps like Sortly, Zoho Inventory, and inFlow Inventory help businesses track inventory levels, sales, and orders, streamlining their supply chain management.
- Document management and collaboration: Cloud-based apps like Google Workspace, Microsoft Office 365, and Dropbox allow team members to create, share, and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real-time, all from their mobile devices.
- Human resources: Mobile HR apps like BambooHR, Workday, and Zenefits let businesses manage employee data, benefits, time-off requests, and performance evaluations from a mobile device.
- Marketing and analytics: Mobile apps like Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and Adobe Creative Cloud enable businesses to analyze website performance, create marketing campaigns, and design promotional materials using their mobile devices.
While many aspects of a business can be run exclusively on a mobile device, it is essential to consider the unique needs and requirements of your business. Depending on the nature of the work, some tasks may still benefit from traditional computer systems or face-to-face interactions. However, leveraging mobile apps can undoubtedly enhance flexibility, efficiency, and productivity in many areas of a business.
What business mobile apps can be used for communication?
Traditional mobile phones deliver excellent call quality but lack advanced features, while VoIP mobile apps boast impressive features but often compromise on call quality. Mobile+ bridges this gap, marrying exceptional call quality with a rich suite of advanced calling features. Explore the traditional landscape and discover the Mobile+ revolution below.
What to consider when choosing business mobile solutions for your on-the-go workforce
Traditional business mobile solutions often fall short for the on-the-go workforce. Below, we unravel:
- Why business mobile phones cover only half the ground
- Why mobile softphone apps are tailored more for office settings, and
- How PiPcall's Mobile+ ingeniously melds the strengths of mobile phones and softphones to craft the ultimate mobile solution for your on-the-go workforce.
Exposing the reality: The surprising similarities between UK consumer and business mobile contracts
Mobile operators often blur the lines between UK consumer mobile phone contracts and business mobile contracts, leaving customers with limited distinctions between the two. Here are some reasons behind this frustrating reality:
- Core Services Deception: While both types of contracts provide the same core services, such as voice calls, text messaging, and data usage, mobile operators fail to differentiate between the specific needs of businesses and individual consumers, leading to underwhelming plans for businesses.
- Ignoring the Differences: Although small businesses and self-employed individuals may have overlapping needs with consumers, mobile operators take advantage of this situation by designing their plans to cater to both groups, resulting in inadequate support for businesses that require more specialized features.
- Profiting from Scale: Mobile network providers exploit their large-scale operations to offer similar plans and pricing structures to both consumers and businesses, ultimately neglecting the unique requirements of businesses in favour of streamlined services and competitive prices.
Due to overlapping needs, market competition, and economies of scale, there is still a high degree of similarity between the two types of contracts. However, there are differences between the two types of contracts. Read more here…
Roadblocks to productivity: How limited mobile calling features hinder staff productivity when on the go
The lack of business-specific features in business mobile plans can negatively affect businesses in several ways:
- Inefficient Communication
- Limited Collaboration
- Reduced Customer Experience
- Inability to Track and Analyse Data
- Difficulty in Ensuring Compliance
- Limited Integration with Business Tools
- Inadequate Security and Privacy
In summary, the lack of business-specific features in business mobile plans can negatively affect organizations by hindering effective communication. For full explanations of each way a lack of business features can negatively affect your business read our blog…
What is a mobile softphone app?
A mobile softphone app is a software application that allows users to make and receive phone calls on their mobile devices using an internet connection, rather than the traditional cellular voice network. This is achieved through Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology, which converts voice signals into digital data that can be transmitted over the internet.
Here are some key features and aspects of a mobile softphone app:
- Internet-Based Calling: It enables users to make voice calls over Wi-Fi or mobile data connections. This can be particularly beneficial for avoiding international calling charges or in areas with poor cellular reception but good internet access.
- Advanced Features: In addition to basic calling functionality, mobile softphone apps often include advanced features such as voicemail, call recording, call forwarding, and multi-way calling.
- Integration with Other Services: Many mobile softphone apps can be integrated with other communication services such as video conferencing, instant messaging, and file sharing. Some also allow integration with business tools like CRM systems.
- Portability and Mobility: Since the app is on a mobile device, users can make and receive calls from anywhere with an internet connection, providing them with greater mobility and flexibility compared to traditional desk phones.
- Cost Savings: Using a mobile softphone app can lead to cost savings, especially for long-distance or international calls, as they are often cheaper than traditional phone services.
- Customization and Branding: Businesses can often customize softphone apps with their branding and specific configurations that align with their communication requirements.
Mobile softphone apps are popular among remote workers, frequent travelers, and businesses looking for a flexible and cost-effective communication solution. However, the call quality can sometimes be dependent on the reliability of the internet connection.
What are the negatives of talking with customers via a mobile softphone app with poor call quality?
Poor call quality while using a mobile softphone app to communicate with customers can have several negative impacts on the business and customer experience:
- Unprofessional impression: Poor call quality can give customers the impression that the company is unprofessional or not well-equipped to handle their needs, potentially damaging the company's reputation and credibility
- Miscommunication: Audio issues, such as choppy or garbled speech, can lead to misunderstandings and miscommunication between the customer and the representative. This can result in errors, frustration, and dissatisfaction on the customer's part.
- Decreased productivity: Poor call quality can slow down the communication process, requiring employees to spend more time repeating themselves or clarifying information, thus reducing productivity and efficiency.
- Strained customer relations: Customers may become frustrated or annoyed with the poor call quality, which can strain the relationship and decrease the likelihood of repeat business or positive word-of-mouth referrals.
- Loss of business opportunities: If customers find it difficult to communicate with the company due to poor call quality, they may choose to take their business elsewhere, leading to lost sales and opportunities.
- Increased support costs: Resolving issues arising from poor call quality, such as customer complaints or repeat calls, can result in higher support costs for the company.
- Employee frustration: Employees may become frustrated and stressed when dealing with poor call quality, which can negatively impact their job satisfaction and overall morale.
To mitigate these potential negatives, it is crucial for businesses to invest in reliable and high-quality softphone apps and ensure that employees have access to stable and high-speed internet connections. Regular monitoring and evaluation of call quality can also help identify and address any issues proactively.
Empowering on-the-go workforces: The game-changing capabilities of Mobile+
Today’s on-the-go workforce requires solutions that enable them to stay connected, professional, and productive, regardless of where they are. IT Managers and Operations Managers have the challenging task of supporting these dynamic teams. Mobile+ from PiPcall is redefining mobile communication and presents a unique solution that not only enhances calling capabilities but also simplifies mobile administration. Let's explore how Mobile+ can transform mobile scenarios for on-the-go workforces.
- Quality and Professionalism: First impressions matter. When your staff is talking to clients or partners on-the-go, call quality is paramount. The perception of professionalism can be undermined by poor call quality. Mobile+ ensures business-level call quality by harnessing the mobile voice networks of the UK’s top mobile networks, Vodafone and O2. With enhanced features such as call recording and call transfer, Mobile+ ensures that your team never compromises call quality for phone system features.
- Intuitive Administration: Mobile+ comes with an intuitive admin portal that simplifies the management and monitoring of call activities. IT Managers will find it remarkably easy to oversee and streamline mobile calling processes, saving time and resources.
- Unmatched Compatibility: One of the biggest challenges for IT Managers is integrating various mobile solutions. Mobile+ eliminates this issue with extensive compatibility. Whether you have business-owned mobile phones, SIMs, eSIMs, or personal mobile devices (BYOD), Mobile+ can seamlessly integrate them under one umbrella.
- Unparalleled Flexibility: With Mobile+, you’re not tied down to a single supplier. It's network agnostic, meaning you can connect all your users regardless of the network they are on. Whether you have concurrent plans or BYOD policies, Mobile+ offers the flexibility to easily plan transitions and select from 30-day or 12, 24, 36-month contracts.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Mobile+ meets all your business mobile requirements and next-generation calling capabilities without breaking the bank. It is an all-in-one mobile solution that eliminates the need for combining VoIP calling apps with mobile contracts.
- User-Friendly BYOD Solution: Mobile+ is not just an asset for the business, but also for the employees. With a separate number, dialer, contacts directory, enhanced features, and access to mobile data paid for by the business, Mobile+ is a user-friendly BYOD solution that incurs zero costs to the user for using PiPcall.
- A Revolutionary First: PiPcall makes history as the first UK telecoms company to create and sell call, hold, and transfer functionality over the dedicated mobile voice network. This is a game-changer for on-the-go professionals who need these vital features.
For IT and Operations Managers seeking to empower their on-the-go workforces, Mobile+ is a game-changer. With its unparalleled call quality, intuitive administration, unmatched compatibility, flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and revolutionary features, Mobile+ is poised to redefine mobile business communication. Don't let your workforce be held back by limitations.
Unleash the full potential of your on-the-go workforce with Mobile+. Head over to our trial form and apply for a free trial of Mobile+ for your team.
Unleashing the Future of Communication
The mobile-first phone system is not just a trend – it's a revolution in business communication. With its focus on flexibility, robust features, and cost-effectiveness, it’s an asset for any modern organization, especially those with remote or on-the-go teams.
Introducing Mobile+: Re-defining Mobile Business Calling
Among the plethora of solutions available, PiPcall Mobile+ stands out as an innovator that truly redefines mobile business calling for on-the-go workforces. The overarching message here is the enhancement of calling capabilities and administration on mobile devices.
- Superior Management: Mobile+ empowers you to connect, secure, manage, and supercharge your mobile ecosystem. Whether you’re dealing with business-owned mobile phones, SIMs, eSIMs, or personal devices through BYOD, Mobile+ ensures seamless enhancement of mobile call capabilities across the board.
- Exceptional Usability: On-the-go workforces need a system that supports them without a hitch. Mobile+ provides calling, messaging, and collaboration tools on mobile devices ensuring seamless communication. What’s more, you don't have to sacrifice call quality for phone system features. With Mobile+, important conversations remain professional, and poor quality voice calls become a thing of the past.
- Cutting-Edge On-The-Go Technology: Mobile+ is in a league of its own, harnessing the mobile voice network of the big four MNOs to ensure business-level call quality. Additionally, it boasts advanced features such as call recording, call transfer, shared contact directories, interconnected staff networks, ring groups, and voicemail.
Take Your Communication to the Next Level with Mobile+
The fusion of flexibility, robust features, and top-notch call quality makes Mobile+ the ultimate solution for on-the-go and mobile-centric workforces. Whether you are in construction, real estate, charity, marketing, or professional services, Mobile+ is tailored to supercharge your communication systems.
Ready to redefine mobile business calling for your on-the-go workforce? Dive deeper into Mobile+ and learn how to effectively implement and leverage a Mobile+ mobile solution by organising a demo. Call us today
PiPcall Mobile+ Demo
Contact us for a demo with one of our solutions specalists.