What Is BYOD?
BYOD, or “Bring Your Own Device” put simply, is a policy whereby staff members can use there own mobiles phones for business purposes, rather than requiring a second mobile phone. Here at PiPcall, we operate as a fully functioning BYOD policy solution that enables businesses to manage phone numbers and business contacts across multiple users. PiPcall will help you avoid two potential issues that arise from overlooking phone number and contact management:
The business doesn’t own the “sales number” as it’s the employee’s personal number.
The employee’s personal contacts list containing customer, colleague and supplier information. What’s stopping the employee taking all these contacts with them when they leave?
How does PiPcall establish business number and contact ownership via a BYOD policy?
You can supply your employees with a paid business mobile phone service with the following features:
- Extremely High Quality Calls
- Integrated Do Not Disturb Functionality
- Dedicated Call Plan For Our Phone Within A Phone Solution
- Differentiated Business Activity
- Contacts Directory: (securely manage customer phone numbers should an employee leave)
- Business Voicemail
- Call History Tracking
The administrator gets access to their own Admin Portal where they can easily manage users with the app:
- Assign new mobile and geo-based UK landline numbers to employees
- Existing business numbers can be linked to employees with the app
- Numbers can be reassigned to new employees
- Contact information is not stored on the employees phone it’s all held in the app.
- You can externally wipe the app if the phone is lost or the employee leaves
Whether you are beginning to look at BYOD polices or updating your existing BYOD policy, management of your numbers and contacts is vital.
A Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy when correctly implemented can save your business up to 90% on telecoms costs. Our latest blog on BYOD in the UK offers insight on where to start.